Monday, June 30, 2008
The Zanman turns 3!
This weekend we hosted a party for Zander's third birthday. Lots of local friends and family were able to make it to our Curious George-themed park bash. A good time was had by all and, boy, was our little guy tired after his big day. Now, as I post this, I can't help but let my mind wander back to that night 3 years ago today when I first saw my little guy. I only got to see him for about 2 seconds that first night as they had to rush his less-than-two-pound body up to the NICU right away to insert two chest tubes, intibate him etc., etc. I'd like to say I was scared to death for him at that point but I honestly remember feeling no emotions at all. I know now that I was numbing myself from all the emotions swirling around as to not become overwhelmed by them. I also know now that I have an amazing, healthy and beautiful reminder everday of the power of God's love and healing. Happy Birthday, Monkey! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment