Friday, July 18, 2008

Mama's Highlights

We had an amazing time seeing everyone and relaxing on this trip. I particularly relished watching Zander enjoy all the things that I loved when I would spend those humid summer days visiting my grandparents farm in Indiana: goofing with cousins, fresh vegetables picked right from the garden, rides on amazing (to a city kid) farm equipment. I also loved a good summer storm. And that's what we got in Oklahoma too...



I threw my Mommy Caution to the wind and we got soaked! We jumped! We splashed! We had a ball (and a good hot shower afterwards)! As that anonymous person once said, "Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." Ain't it the truth.

On a seemingly downer note, there was the little incident at the train museum that we must speak of. Here I sit blogging one-handed (the left hand, at that) because of that fateful fall on the last full day of our exciting adventure. While the trip to the ER with a broken foot and a wrist that resembled an "s" instead if the standard straight line is not a memory I will cherish, I will, however, deem this tragedy a highlight for one simple reason. In my pain and brokenness, I took one for the team in the truest sense. My baby remained unscathed. A proud mommy moment, indeed. If only I could shelter him from every pain in life as heroically.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, poor mama! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Mrs. Strand said...

Thanks for blogging one-handed for us! We're glad you had the good sense to wait to do this until the end of your vacation ;) and that the Zan Man is OK, but you look so sad! And the s-shaped wrist is a terrible thing to picture! Di + 3